Council of 100
The Council of 100 is made up of individuals, foundations and businesses who give $10,000 or more annually or who have made gifts of $100,000 or more and remain actively involved with Pennington Biomedical.
To honor these generous donors, the Foundation hosts a quarterly Meet the Explorers luncheon that provides exclusive updates and access to the latest research.
Recent presentations included:
- The Intersection of Chronic Disease, Immune Activation, Illness, Pain and Cannabis featuring
Rick Rogers, Ph.D., Associate Executive Director of Basic Sciences at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- Understanding the Causes and Treatment of Obesity featuring
Steven Heymsfield, M.D., professor at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- Dietary Supplements and Metabolic Health: Can Russian Tarragon, Bitter Melon, and Fenugreek help control or prevent diabetes? featuring
Elizabeth Floyd, Ph.D., associate professor at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- Improve Your Health on the Go: Mobile tools to reduce your waistline and your bottom line featuring Corby K. Martin, Ph.D., professor at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- Child Nutrition Initiatives in Louisiana: How Pennington Biomedical’s Louisiana Fit Kids Project assists the Department of Education in assuring children’s nutritional needs are met featuring
Catherine M. Champagne, Ph.D., R.D.N, L.D.N., professor at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- Build It & They Will Come: Pennington Biomedical’s central role in a new effort to advance research in pediatric obesity, diabetes and chronic disease in Louisiana featuring
Daniel Hsia, M.D., assistant professor at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
For information on becoming a member of the Council of 100, contact Director of Development Kristy Mayes at (225) 763-3181 or email@example.com.