Meet the Explorers Luncheon
The Council of 100 is made up of individuals, foundations and businesses who give $10,000 or more annually or who have made gifts of $100,000 or more and remain actively involved with Pennington Biomedical.
To honor these generous donors, the Foundation hosts a quarterly Meet the Explorers luncheon that provides exclusive updates and access to the latest research.
Recent presentations included:
- Novel Strategies to Optimize Warfighter Nutrition and Performance featuring Jennifer Rood, Ph.D., Associate Executive Director for Cores and Resources at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- An Update on Alzheimer’s Research Efforts and an Introduction to New Medical Cannabis Initiatives featuring Jeffrey Keller, Ph.D., Hibernia National Bank/Edward G. Schleider Endowed Chair Director, Institute for Dementia Research & Prevention
Professor at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- Addressing Health Disparities: Community-based Programs Targeting Chronic Disease featuring Robert Newton, Jr., Ph.D.,
Assistant Professor, Physical Activity and Ethnic Minority Health Laboratory at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- 10 Years of Physical Activity Guidelines and New Recommendations to Improve Your Health featuring Neil Johannsen, Ph.D.,
Assistant Professor Adjunct, Interventional Resources at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- The Intersection of Chronic Disease, Immune Activation, Illness, Pain and Cannabis featuring
Rick Rogers, Ph.D., Associate Executive Director of Basic Sciences at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- Understanding the Causes and Treatment of Obesity featuring
Steven Heymsfield, M.D., professor at Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
For information on becoming a member of the Council of 100, contact Director of Development Kristy Mayes at (225) 763-3181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.