Scientific Dinner Series
The Scientific Dinner Series provides the opportunity to share the latest cutting-edge research with our Leadership Donors and stakeholders. Topics include presentations on research covering disease prevention and treatment, dementia, childhood obesity, exercise, and nutrition.
The Scientific Dinner Series is underwritten by corporate partner, Capital One.
Recent presentations included:
- Welcome to a new Era of World Class Obesity and Diabetes Treatment at Pennington Biomedical! featuring Philip Schauer, M.D., of Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- The Cancer Metabolism Program: Accelerating Scientific Discovery from Cells to Society featuring Justin Brown, Ph.D., of Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- The Many Faces of Diabetes: It’s NOT All Type 2! featuring Susan Collier, Ph.D. and Jason Collier, Ph.D., of Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- Pennington Biomedical: Celebrating the Past and Looking to our Future featuring former Executive Directors of
Pennington Biomedical Research Center Dr. George Bray, Dr. Claude Bouchard, Dr. Steven Heymsfield, Dr. William Cefalu, and Dr. Donna Ryan as well as current Executive Director Dr. John Kirwan.
- Pennington Biomedical and The Department of Defense: 30 Years of Scientific Discovery featuring
Tiffany Stewart, Ph.D. and Jennifer Rood, Ph.D., of Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
- Pennington Biomedical and the Search for Cures featuring Executive Director of Pennington Biomedical Research Center John Kirwan, Ph.D.
- New Ways of Thinking About Health: How Our Local Discoveries Will Have a Global Impact featuring Dr. Donna Ryan, adjunct professor of Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
We invite you to join as a leadership donor to attend the exclusive Scientific Dinners. For more information, contact Kristy Mayes, Director of Development, Kristy.Mayes@pbrf.org or (225) 763-3181.